Sony NEX-7 | Zeiss 24 1.8
In last my blog post about the new Zeiss lens offerings for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras like the NEX-7 I mentioned how it would be nice if Sony release a new firmware for the NEX-7. Well today Sony announced the firmware for it. Below is a summary of the new firmware:
NEX-7 Firmware v1.01
- Ability to disable Movie Record button (to avoid inadvertently starting movie recording)
- Expansion of EV Bracketing to include 3 frame 1EV, 2EV and 3EV increments)
- Improvement of auto playback review responsiveness
- Improvement of image quality when using a wide angle lens
- Improvement of indication when setting “Flexible Spot” AF mode
The one improvement I’m looking forward to is the ability to disable the Movie Record button. I don’t know how many times I’ve accidentally pressed that button, glad to see that issue was addressed. Also the auto playback review response is a welcomed improvement. I didn’t have any issues with it but knowing that its improved is a nice to have. Thanks Sony for listening to your community!
Check out the official release on Sony’s blog about the firmware along with other firmware releases for their other cameras, http://blog.sony.com/alphafirmwareupdates
What good is a blog post without a picture, right?! In this particular picture I was shooting at the beach in the late afternoon with the NEX-7 and Zeiss 24 1.8.